Coronavirus: Membership Freeze Policy
Due to the uncertain times we’re currently experiencing as a consequence of COVID-19, we understand members have questions relating to our Virgin Active membership freeze policy. We’re monitoring the ever-evolving situation and as a result we’ve amended our freeze policy.
Please see below for further information:
- Membership freeze: If you are self-isolating due to COVID-19 we have extended our policy to allow you to immediately freeze your membership up to a period of 4 weeks for a fee of £10 (or £50 if you are a member of Chiswick Riverside)
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 and you can provide a medical letter or other medical evidence, you can freeze your membership with immediate effect for up to 4 weeks and we will waive the fee.
- If you are freezing your membership, your PT, Swim or Racquets sessions will be frozen alongside your membership, and we will postpone your sessions whilst you are in the self-isolation period and allow you to use them within a reasonable time frame up to one month after that period ends.
- 70+: To protect those who are most vulnerable, those aged 70 or over can freeze their membership for free with immediate effect. We will be writing to all members aged 70 or over to offer this to them. The length of this free freeze will depend on the Government’s advice on COVID-19.
- Pregnant women: If any pregnant women want to freeze their membership they should contact us and we will freeze their membership for free with immediate effect. The length of this free freeze will depend on the Government’s advice on COVID-19.
- If you are a Gymflex, Corporate Part or Fully Funded member please contact your HR or Gymflex regarding freezing your membership.
- You can call your club to submit an immediate freeze request, following the above updated policy.
Please note, we are constantly monitoring the evolving situation and our freeze rules therefore remain subject to change.
You can make changes to your membership through the My Account section of the website or on the Virgin Active app.