Up Your Game
What is it?
A platform that adds challenge to whatever exercise you do. The boxes come in different heights, ranging from 10cm to 60cm – but you can stack them as high as you like.
What’s it for?
Boosting calorie burn. Building strength. Improving balance. Toning your body. It’s perfect for exercises that work your muscles hard and fast (which is why we call them plyometric exercises).
Who’s it for?
Anyone looking to supercharge their workout. This is a demanding piece of kit.
What do I do with it?
Push-ups, dips, burpees, lunges or just simple steps. Try some of these moves and you’ll immediately feel the difference:
The Box Jump
- Stand in front of the box and bend your knees.
- Use your arms to give you momentum to jump onto the box.
- Land on two feet in a squat position. Step or jump off, and go again.
The Runner Tap
- Stand in front of the box. Put one foot on the box then jump one foot down.
- Do the same with the other foot. Repeat as fast as you can.
- Put one foot on the box and keep it there throughout your reps.
- Lift your toes on the back foot (so you’re not tempted to push off that leg) and push through the front leg to get you up onto the box.
- Keep your back foot in the air then slowly lower it back to the floor.
Whether you want to look good for that big day, get in shape after a baby or do your bit for a good cause, your goals - and our expert Personal Trainers will help you smash them.
Back & neck pain
Upper & lower limb problems
Rehabilitation pre & post surgery
Sprains & strains
Tennis/ golfer's elbow
How It Works
We always start with a health and fitness assessment; maybe you want to look good for a holiday, lose baby weight or get active again. Perhaps you're recovering from an injury. Our experts will tailor a training plan unique to you.
How we get you there?
Scheduling exercises keeps you on track. We'll show you the latest fitness innovations and how smart use of the gym makes most of your workouts. And we inject fun into fitness, so you'll enjoy working out even more.
Losing weight can be a frustrating process, but you don't have to do it alone. Our team of experts will show you the fastest, safest ways to get rid of that stubborn holiday stone while simultaneously helping you get stronger.
Barbican, Strand and Kensington are all available to members and non-members.