What is it?
A vibrating platform designed to stimulate your muscles. The idea is to up the speed and intensity of your workout to see faster results.
What’s it for?
A more efficient workout. By activating different muscle groups at the same time, it improves circulation, strength, flexibility range of motion in your joints.
Who’s it for?
Anyone looking to tone up, build strength and improve flexibility. Especially if you’re short of time.
What do I do with it?
Stand, sit or put your hands on it while you do your otherwise normal exercises. Here are some ideas:
The Glute Bridge
- Lie on your back with your heels on the plate and arms out wide.
- Push your hips high so you’re resting on your shoulders. Squeeze your glutes.
- Lower your hips back down without touching the floor. Repeat.
- Start with both feet on the plate and shoulder blades back.
- Place one foot on the ground and lower your hips to a 90-degree angle.
- Drive through the front leg to bring the back leg onto the plate.
- Swap legs and repeat.
The Tricep Dip
- Sit on the plate with hands either side of your legs, and slide forwards off it with legs extended in front of you.
- With your arms straight, bend your elbows and lower yourself towards the floor while keeping your bum close to the plate.
- Brace your core and push back up until your arms are straight but not locked. Repeat.
Whether you want to look good for that big day, get in shape after a baby or do your bit for a good cause, your goals - and our expert Personal Trainers will help you smash them.
Back & neck pain
Upper & lower limb problems
Rehabilitation pre & post surgery
Sprains & strains
Tennis/ golfer's elbow
How It Works
We always start with a health and fitness assessment; maybe you want to look good for a holiday, lose baby weight or get active again. Perhaps you're recovering from an injury. Our experts will tailor a training plan unique to you.
How we get you there?
Scheduling exercises keeps you on track. We'll show you the latest fitness innovations and how smart use of the gym makes most of your workouts. And we inject fun into fitness, so you'll enjoy working out even more.
Losing weight can be a frustrating process, but you don't have to do it alone. Our team of experts will show you the fastest, safest ways to get rid of that stubborn holiday stone while simultaneously helping you get stronger.
Barbican, Strand and Kensington are all available to members and non-members.