What is it?
The focal point for functional training – an approach to fitness that uses your bodyweight for results. Pull, push, punch – use monkey bars and dip bars, as well as suspension belts, punch bags, boxing rings and more. It’s basically a climbing frame, for adults.
What’s it for?
All sorts of exercise to build strength, flexibility, muscle tone and endurance. It’s also a great way to mix things up and keep your workout interesting.
Who’s it for?
Absolutely everyone, whether you’re looking for gentle stretching or serious reps.
What do I do with it?
The options are endless. We’ve put a few ideas below, but the real fun is exploring for yourself:
- Start hanging at one end of the Queenax.
- Move one hand forward onto the first monkey bar.
- Work your way along to the other end of the bars.
- Hang with straight arms and an overhand grip. Retract the shoulder blades back and down then pull your chest towards the bar.
- Pull up as high as you can before lowering yourself with control back down to hanging.
The Tricep Dip
- Sit on the plate with hands either side of your legs, and slide forwards off it with legs extended in front of you.
- With your arms straight, bend your elbows and lower yourself towards the floor while keeping your bum close to the plate.
- Brace your core and push back up until your arms are straight but not locked. Repeat.
Whether you want to look good for that big day, get in shape after a baby or do your bit for a good cause, your goals - and our expert Personal Trainers will help you smash them.
Back & neck pain
Upper & lower limb problems
Rehabilitation pre & post surgery
Sprains & strains
Tennis/ golfer's elbow
How It Works
We always start with a health and fitness assessment; maybe you want to look good for a holiday, lose baby weight or get active again. Perhaps you're recovering from an injury. Our experts will tailor a training plan unique to you.
How we get you there?
Scheduling exercises keeps you on track. We'll show you the latest fitness innovations and how smart use of the gym makes most of your workouts. And we inject fun into fitness, so you'll enjoy working out even more.
Losing weight can be a frustrating process, but you don't have to do it alone. Our team of experts will show you the fastest, safest ways to get rid of that stubborn holiday stone while simultaneously helping you get stronger.
Barbican, Strand and Kensington are all available to members and non-members.