What is it?
The focal point for functional training – an approach to fitness that uses your bodyweight for results. Pull, push, punch – use monkey bars and dip bars, as well as suspension belts, punch bags, boxing rings and more. It’s basically a climbing frame, for adults.
What’s it for?
All sorts of exercise to build strength, flexibility, muscle tone and endurance. It’s also a great way to mix things up and keep your workout interesting.
Who’s it for?
Absolutely everyone, whether you’re looking for gentle stretching or serious reps.
What do I do with it?
The options are endless. We’ve put a few ideas below, but the real fun is exploring for yourself:
- Start hanging at one end of the Queenax.
- Move one hand forward onto the first monkey bar.
- Work your way along to the other end of the bars.
- Hang with straight arms and an overhand grip. Retract the shoulder blades back and down then pull your chest towards the bar.
- Pull up as high as you can before lowering yourself with control back down to hanging.
The Tricep Dip
- Sit on the plate with hands either side of your legs, and slide forwards off it with legs extended in front of you.
- With your arms straight, bend your elbows and lower yourself towards the floor while keeping your bum close to the plate.
- Brace your core and push back up until your arms are straight but not locked. Repeat.
Get started with functional fitness training using our Queenax stations in club. For additional assistance, reach out to our friendly team members during your next visit.
clubs you'll want to call home
For a gym, swim and anything in between. Find your local club today.